I have never really been one for resolutions because of the simple fact that I know in about a week I will break them.
I do, however, like to take some time to reflect on the past year and set some intentions or goals for the new year.
These are some of my intentions for the new year:
- More yoga - I joined Yoga One (a local yoga studio) almost two years ago. I know it is going to sound really cheesy but it's changed my life in ways that I didn't know it could. Learning to balance and controlling my breath is something I use both on and off the mat. I really believe God puts things in your path for a reason. Although I have been practicing yoga off and on for about 8 years, he led me to join a studio at exactly the right time. He knew I would need it for what was to come.
- Create - Create love, happiness, beauty and fun. I am excited to create and bring to life this new blog! I have so many ideas that I want to share. I am kind of anxious to see the outcome.
- Cook more - I think Miguel and I generally do a good job of this but I want to get better. My friend and I have decided we are going to do a recipe swap once a month. I think this will help keep me accountable and it's also going to help with the occasional dinner rut that we get in.
Let's talk beauty
One of the quickest ways to change up your look in the new year is to change your lipstick. It's a simple change that can have a big impact and won't break the bank. I actually read some where that during times when the economy is not doing so great lipstick sales increase because of the fact that it is generally inexpensive to buy a lipstick when compared to buying a new outfit.
I picked up a few new lip products during the holidays that I have been living in. Sephora always has great introductory Christmas gift sets that I love to check out. It's a great way to get exposed to a new brand. Some how I always end up with a few goodies for myself when I am Christmas shopping for others.
- Bite Beauty - I love natural products. Bite makes highly pigmented lipsticks that come in a wide rang of beautiful colors. They don't claim to be long lasting but I have found that they last a long time on my lips. Their Amuse Bouche collection is very creamy and comfortable to wear. I purchased Sangria to go on a trip to Mexico with the huz and I loved it! When I saw that Amuse Bouche came in a mini gift set I had to buy it. I love mini lipsticks for traveling! The four mini lipsticks shades are pictured below and are called (from left to right) Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb and Nori. Unfortunately, the gift set is no longer available (the good Sephora holiday gift sets go fast - sorry!) but they do sell these shades in full size versions year around. Don't panic, you can still get your hands on them if you're interested.
- Benefits: Organic, made with food-grade ingredients, all natural, and made with 12 edible oils
- NudeStix - I picked up a few NudeStix products for my mom. They are very easy to use. They come in amazing colors that are all within a neutral color palette - which is right up my alley. It is a relatively new brand created by two sisters. I love sister stories - maybe it's because I have one that I am a pretty big fan of? Each lip product doubles as a lipstick and a blush. Every stick comes in a travel friendly kit that has a mirror and a sharpener. The packaging makes things so convenient for those gals that are constantly on the go. Same deal here - the holiday gift set is no longer available; however, you can purchase these colors separately year around at Sephora. My set came with (pictured below from top to bottom) Pulse, Raven and Sin.
- Benefits: Organic, gluten free, vegan, and infused with vitamin E and shea butter
Looking forward to 2017! I'd love to hear about your lipstick adventures in the new year 😊.